In this two days “Training from the BACK of the Room” (TBR) course we explore the latest brain based learning techniques. We will explore what it is that really makes students learn – how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge. The focus is on learning how to apply TBR in your own training programs, meetings and workshops by experiencing TBR in action. During the two days you will get a chance to experiment with many different TBR related concepts and techniques to enhance learning in your own class room.
What you will learn
By the end of the course each participant will be able to apply TBR when conveying information to others. More specifically, participants will be able to:
- Explain and define the most current brain science about human learning – information that is directly applicable to all instruction, whether in classrooms, one-on-one, or computer-based
- Apply “The Six Trumps” – six learning principles based on brain science that will significantly enhance learning and retention, regardless of the content being taught
Recognize these six learning principles in action
- Use these principles in any learning environment: classroom, e-learning, one-on-one, small and large group instruction
- Combine brain science and technology and enhance learning by using both in creative, collaborative ways
- Access new resources that will expand your knowledge of the most current brain science about human learning
- Utilize a trainer’s tool bag of practical tips and activities – a collection of best practices that you created during the training program
- For Agile coaches and Scrum trainers: Combine Agile and Scrum processes and principles with Accelerated Learning to create collaborative, interactive, fun and memorable learning experiences
You will also receive
- Sharon’s best-selling book “Training from the BACK of the Room! 65 Ways to Step Aside and Let Them Learn”
- Sharon’s newest book “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick”
- A copy of the 55-page participant workbook that is only available with this program
- A collection of “brain activating tools” – game prizes, training souvenirs, and learning aids – that can be used in the participant’s own training programs
- A certificate of completion
Who should attend
Training form the BACK of the Room is for anyone who offers training, facilitates meetings or workshops, or just want to learn how to make information and knowledge available in a format that makes it easy to remember and use.
No specific experience is required. You will receive some reading suggestions a couple of weeks before the training that will help prepare yourself for the course.
The class will be limited to between 10 and 15 seats. In the case we have less that 10 attendees signed up, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule the class.
The class is taught in English.
This class will be co-facilitated by Kerri Sutey and Torsten W. Hansen
As an Agile Coach, Kerri Sutey is passionate about teaching and coaching individuals on their journey to be successful in constantly changing environments. She uses TBR techniques to plan agile trainings that lead to personal growth and fun! As a certified TBR instructor, she is excited to share her knowledge with other trainers so they too can experience the success that TBR brings to learning.
Torsten W. Hansen is an Agile Coach, Professional Facilitator and Trainer who is passionate about helping teams and individuals have meaningful conversations at training events, in workshops and in everyday meetings. As a certified TBR instructor, Torsten uses these concepts and techniques as an integral part of his daily work. He is excited to be able to share his experience with accelerated learning in this TBR training class.
Buy your tickets here